Do vegetarians eat animal crackers???

2.02.2006

ACHOO!!

So...just when I thought things were looking up, I got sick. Maybe it was good for me though. Forced me to take it easy for a little while. The day after my NYO audition, I started to get a sore throat, and a bit of a cough...by Tuesday I was a wreck, and by Thursday I was at my worst. I think I had the black lung...at least that's what it felt like...or at least that's what I think it would feel like, but I don't actually know. Regardless, it sucked. After a week and a half, I'm starting to feel much better, but still not 100%. As far as I'm concerned, Kleenex should sponsor me, because the amount of their product that I've used is UNBELIEVABLE!! I should get an award or something.

At least my body chose an ok time to get sick...better than the last time anyways (right before coming home during exam break before Christmas). Since I had just finished my NYO audition, I had a chance to take it a little easier, and I didn't have a ton of work to do for school. This past weekend, I had no plans...and made no plans...and ended up spending from 6:30pm Friday to 2:30pm Sunday without leaving home, except for a brief trip to buy a container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, which I consumed in one night! I watched several movies, thanks to the supply of movies from several friends, and just basically slept, ate, and relaxed.

Now that I'm feeling better, it's much easier to play, and I've been starting up at the gym again...this morning, I've already been so productive...swimming with Alia at 7am, followed by a trip to the gym...then I had to drop some cold medicine off to Hamish at work (where he gave me free tea), and now I'm sitting, typing this. This afternoon, I have to head to Michael's to get some card stock to make a bunch of Valentines for a fundraising campaign we're doing for UVSMEA. Then, I hope to meet with my accompanist to work on the concerto I'm playing!! YAY!! COPLAND!!! I (heart) Copland!! What about classes, you say?? Well, I don't have classes on Thursday...which is rather nice, let me tell ya! It's almost like I have 3 days of school followed by a weekend, followed by one day of school, followed by another weekend. It's nice to just have that one day to get stuff done, without worrying about running between classes.

So, we've had a lot of bad winter storms here lately...keep in mind, winter storms are much different here than in Calgary...winter storm here, means a lot of wind and rain, to the point where trees fall over...and it happened. Here on campus, there was a huge oak tree that fell over, roots and all, and with it, took the ground in which it was embedded...about 3 or 4 feet deep!! Apparently it almost hit a girl who was walking on campus! I, myself, was hit by flying branches, but managed to make it out and about regardless of the wind and rain...though it wasn't pleasant AT ALL!

Anyways...I suppose I should continue my productive day...at least it's finally sunny today...too bad they're forecasting another bad storm for tomorrow!! :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Flirtini said...

eek! I hate getting sick, but i'm glad you are feeling better! maybe we should send kleenex all the empty boxes, and then maybe you can get free kleenex for a year since you have been such an awesome customer haha :)

and i think i have it better than you for days off, especially after next week (I have an 2-5pm course right now but - )when i am done class thurs at 11, and don't go back until monday at 1130! its going to be awesome haha

anyway, enough rambling - enjoy the copland

Denise

ps: do you know if anything happened b/w johnny and kathryn? i'm getting the feeling they are broken up...hmmm

4:34 p.m.

 
Blogger k said...

JACQUI!

Hi darling,

Glad that you are recovering from the dreaded black lung. I tried to get a picture of Steve's hand to show you what it looked like, but when I told him why I wanted it, he refused to send it to me. Apparently you have to go to his house to see the picture to make sure that you aren't "spreading it around".

Oh! And André got an audition at McGill!

Enjoy your music and such, can't wait to see you when you come home!

P.S. - I am planning a sleep-over party. Figure it will be fun to just get a bunch of us together, have some drinks, watch movies and sleep. Because I have a feeling we could all catch up on sleep.

10:17 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home