A is for Asshat!
Asshat, as in what my roomate should be wearing right now! ARGH!! Maybe it's the effect of the 25 straight days of rain that we've had here on the island lately, or maybe the stress and lack of sleep attributed to my trochanteric bursitis (I will inform you later on my condition...don't be too worried) and upcoming NYOC auditions, but I can help but be constantly irritated by the annoyances of my roomate. The other two roomies don't seem to be bothering me too much, but the one I speak of (I won't name any names), seems to have issues living on his own. Apparently, the umbilical cord was not cut at birth, because I am surprised he has made it thus far without mommy dearest here to look after him! ARGH! So peeved right now! So...anyways, the reason for this rant...without warning, his weird (and I mean WEIRD) friend came to visit. Oh joy...the weirdo is back...he weirded me out 2 months ago when he visited the first time, and now he's weirding me out EVEN MORE this time. First of all, I stepped into the kitchen this morning to find 2 bodies sprawled out on the couches. Now, one of them I recognized...a girl from my theory class...nice enough girl, but not someone I talk to very much. Then there was the weirdo. As soon as I made my entrance into the kitchen (as quietly as I could) he woke up, sat bolt upright and stared at me. Now, when I say stare, I mean STARE!! Like...creepy stare...as if to say something of the "what the hell do you think you're doing waking me up, even though I don't even live here" variety. AGHHHH!! It creeped me out so much, that I only got as far as taking a bagel out of the freezer before I got so freaked out by his gaze and had to leave the kitchen! I have two problems with this scenario. First off, a little warning would have been nice, that he and the girl would be crashing in the living room area...I could have thrown breakfast together last night, so I didn't have to bother them. I wouldn't have minded doing that if I had been warned. Secondly, I shouldn't have to tiptoe around my own home...AND be stared at creepily for doing so!
Oh, and to top it all off...I got home tonight, and almost my entire 2 litre carton of milk was consumed, and mysteriously moved to a different location in the fridge, and ALL of my dishes were dirty, and dispersed around the kitchen. Therefore, since I required something to eat my food off of, I collected my dishes, and washed them all MYSELF...both my roomie and his friend sat and watched me to this, without saying a single word. NEWSFLASH!!! You're mom's not here to look after you...get some balls and learn some responsibility....PS: you have dishes too you turd monger...USE THEM!
Man oh man...so now, what's left of my milk (no more than a glass), is safely hidden in my mini-fridge in my own room, and my dishes are clean and in the cupboard....at least last time I checked. If they do anything else, it's the last straw...I've had it...I should feel comfortable around my own home, but when this tool is visiting, I'm not too cool with the freaky glares or the lack of respect for our communal living arrangements....I end up either leaving for extended periods of time, or locking myself in my room, so I don't have to put up with it.
Anyways....enough of the rant. I think I just needed to get that off my chest so that I can sleep tonight...or at least try to sleep...sleep has been few and far between this week, but I seem to be coping quite well. There are two reasons for this. First, I have my NYOC audition next Saturday. I'm starting to feel a lot better about it now that the orchestral excerpts and concerto are coming together really well. Even if I don't get in, I know that it was worth the hard work, and it'll give me some FANTASTIC audition experience. The other reason for my lack of sleep, is my newly diagnosed hip condition. I really like telling people what it is, because it's a fun word to say. Trochanteric Bursitis. Say it with me now....tro-can-tare-ic-ber-sy-tiss...say that 10 times fast!! HAHA!! Trochanteric bursitis is characterized by painful inflammation of the bursa located just superficial to the greater trochanter of the femur. Speak english you say?? Sure, basically, it's kind of like having tendonitis in my hip...sort of...hard to explain, but basically I think I got it from running...or perhaps break dancing at our UVSMEA retreat last weekend...either way, it's a pain in the butt...literally. Man oh man, I'm so witty when I'm tired!! Anyways...to make a long story short, my hip hurts, and so I'm taking it pretty easy...I'll go to physio next week and see what kind of activities I can an can't do, and go from there. Alia and I have decided to take up swimming, since I can't run right now, and we both don't want to be total sloths. It should be fun. I even bought a new bathing suit for the occasion today! The pain hasn't gotten any better over the week, but it hasn't gotten any worse eiter, which is a good sign. I'm coping fine though...I'm a trooper!!
Anyways...I'm sure no one will actually make it this far reading this entry, because it's pretty long winded. In fact, I should give an award to anyone who actually reads this entire entry...kudos to you if you did!! I should go bed...maybe tomorrow I won't be so bitter!
*AN ADDITION TO MY RANT* (added on January 15th)
Smoking weed in our living room is not so cool with me either! ARGH!! TURD MONGERS!! Get some freakin' brain cells!! Now I know why they ate so much food...including some of mine and Emily's food...they got the munchies while they were high...it's all so much clearer now!! I'm even convinced that maybe they would actually have the tiniest bit of mental capacity if they didn't smoke that crap...but maybe I shouldn't go that far with my wishful thinking.
The moral of the story...my roomate deserves to wear his ass as a hat...and his friend is creepy, and in my opinion, is not welcome here ever again!
TA DA!! Rant complete...Jacqui out! haha!
3 Comments:
wow...trochanteric bursitis... fun! and kinda crazy b/c i have a box of bones in my room so i could find the greater trochanter if i wanted haha...no seriously, they are to help me learn anatomy, but i still think its cool (some may say gross...but w/e). and i understand the annoying roommates. it makes it even harder when they don't speak english though! believe me. good luck on your audition!
3:27 p.m.
Oh my gosh Jacqui....you are turning into bitter Lethbridge Kristen!!
So much fun...I should come out there and tell that roomie a thing or two. What a filthy kitchen mongrel.
11:32 a.m.
Gosh, maybe I should come out to see your roomate.
I could jack his ass up between his shoulders, so he has to part his hair to shit!
Love,
Dad
6:31 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home