Do vegetarians eat animal crackers???

10.24.2005

Wow, the weeks go by so quickly! I can't believe that the semester is more than half way done already! The past week was a little crazy here, especially with the province-wide teacher's strike in BC! One of my classes takes place at a middle school, so of course, it was cancelled, but they finally returned to the schools today, so we actually got to have a class. Last Monday was a gong show! There was a general strike in the city to support the teachers. This meant that most of the major public unions went on strike for the day to prove a point to the government, and hold a rally at the legislature. It was somewhat a success from what I understand. The only setback....no buses were running....the drivers were on strike as a part of it, and so were all of the food services on campus except for the rez caf, and tons and tons of classes were cancelled. But overall, it was ok for me, since I cook for myself, live on campus, and had no reason to leave the campus all day.

On a brighter note, I am $130 richer tonight. I got paid by my student for lessons, so once I cash those cheques, I'll be one happy camper! Plus, Mom is coming to visit me for reading break, which will be UBER fun! We'll have some quality time, where we can do random tourist-y things and walk along the ocean etc. I think it'll be very enjoyable!!! I can't wait....only 2 weeks Wednesday until she arrives!!

Tara, Dave, and I went for a walk to the beach to watch the stars tonight. It was gorgeous out, and it gave us time to have talks about random things. We often go for walks, but this route is extra fun, because it's so nice down by the water....except those damn sand fleas....they make my anlkes itch when they bite me.....except luckily, I have learned to wear long pants and socks when I go down there.....a smart move on my part!

Anyways....I'm off to bed....and I can't think of anything much to say now.

I'll update soon, whether or not anything interesting happens to me!

2 Comments:

Blogger jhiufui said...

Ew to the sand fleas!! So I finally found you blog Ms. Jacqui!! So I'm totally excited to start reading it! Woot woot!! Your life sounds almost as interesting as mine!! Well okay a LOT more interesting actually since I've just been studying!
Anyway just wanted to leave you a message and tell you that you ROCK and watch out for those damn sand fleas! Ewwww just the name of them gives me the creeps!
Oh and PS. I'm linking you to my page!!
Love ya!!!

7:22 a.m.

 
Blogger k said...

So, by update soon, you meant update never?

*lol* I really shouldn't say anything...you're birthday present has been sitting on my floor for two weeks now. It is pretty kick ass, maybe I should just keep it for myself.

11:12 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home