Do vegetarians eat animal crackers???

10.10.2005

So, I've decided to start posting updates more often, since I feel like I am neglecting all of you from the excitement in my life. Actually, it's not uber exciting, but at least it's a way for everyone to know kind of what is going on with me here in Victoria. School is great. It keeps me busy, but I lucked out with no classes on Thursdays. I still have lessons and rehearsals that day, but at least I don't have to sit through lectures. Conducting is offically my new favourite class. Hmmm....maybe one day, I'll conduct a great orchestra or something. I'll wait and see how I do in the class first. My 20th Century Theory class is strange, mainly because the professor is a nut. But he knows what he's talking about. It's surprising how many random tangents one man can go off on.....most of our classes are comprised of lessons on Literature, Art History, Religious Studies, and the odd point about music. I also have the joy of having a music ed class at a middle school, where we actually get to teach classes, and conduct the band. It's really fun, but some of the kids are a handful. For example, the kid who threw a drumstick at me. He was special!

This weekend was GREAT! I was bummed out after rehearsal on Friday, when everyone was heading to the ferry or airport to go home for Thanksgiving, but I got over that pretty quickly, because of my awesome friend out here. Friday night was the Concerto Concert, so I went to watch that. It was INCREDIBLE.....hopefully it will be me performing up there next year. I officially dubbed Saturday night Movie Night, so I went to Blockbuster and rented 3 movies, and watched them in my room. Nothing better than a relaxing night of movies and popcorn. Yesterday was the best day of the weekend though. Kristen's parents were in town, because her dad was running the marathon here. GO DADDY CARR!! I met her mom and their friends Kevin and Lisa for lunch at Murchies, and then we did some shopping before we went to the finish line to watch Daddy Carr finish the marathon! He was my hero! I don't think I could ever do that, although, I kind of do want to train and run a half marathon. That would be fun! Then I came home and had a nap....naps are good! Last night, Hamish invited me for a Thanksgiving feast at his house, and so I stuffed myself with turkey and all of the fixins....and pumpkin pie....I can't forget the pumpkin pie!

Today has been relatively low key. I finished a theory assignment, returned my dvds to Blockbuster and went for a run. Now I figure I should shower, since I probably smell from my run. Then I shall go practice at the music school.

Anyways, I hope there are still some people reading this, but if not, that's ok too! Later Gators!

3 Comments:

Blogger Flirtini said...

I'm definitely still reading :) yay for procrastination...and i also like to keep up on your life haha :)

9:58 p.m.

 
Blogger k said...

*yay* for the update! Glad you had fun with my family darling! My dad really appreciated you watching him run in. Have a good day! I'll talk to you soon!

8:52 a.m.

 
Blogger Jacqui Sullivan said...

YAY!! I have fans still!! :D

Miss you girls!!

~Jacqui

8:38 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home